We’re looking for a full-time, remote Accountant to join our specialized team. The Brewery Accountant’s objective is to act as the outsourced accounting resource for Small Batch Standard’s clients and serve them in accordance with the SBS Core Values.
Here’s a short introduction to our firm.
How we work is just as important as the end product of our work. It’s guided by our core values and is embodied in our team, our process, and our relationships with clients, partners, and the industry. They are as follows:
- Follow the law
- Cultivate energy
- Embrace technology
- Build and trust the process
- Operate with client’s best interest in mind
The right fit for this role will embrace, uphold, and contribute to forwarding these values in the work they do, and the interaction they have with clients and team members.
This role is accountable for fulfilling the client’s outsourced accounting needs, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the weekly Operations L10 Meeting. Each week we meet as a team to share wins, progress, and knowledge, as well as identify and solve issues. Your participation in this process is critical to the success of the team.
- Contribute to the Operations quarterly Rock and Scorecard objectives. We run our business on EOS (the Entrepreneurial Operating System). Each quarter we set week-to-week objectives (the Scorecard) and long-term objectives (the Rocks) both at the team and individual level in order to make progress towards the firm’s annual goals and overall vision.
- Fulfill bookkeeping and tax support needs for Small Batch Standard’s clients. The primary function of this role, you’ll work hand-in-hand with our brewery clients to ensure their books are up to date and reconciled each month. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for supporting the annual tax return filing process for our clients. The end goal is to deliver accurate, timely outsourced accounting to our clients to enable them to run their businesses effectively.
- Participate in ongoing accounting process improvement. Each week we work not only to deliver bookkeeping and accounting services to our clients, but also to improve the process of how we conduct that work. You’ll work both internally and with clients to continuously improve the bookkeeping and accounting process.
In order for this role to operate effectively, the following basic requirements must be met:
- Previous experience participating in the completion of cross-functional projects in a remote environment.
- Previous experience managing a book of bookkeeping and/or tax clients either independently or within a firm.
- Be available and responsive during normal business hours (9am-5pm Eastern Time, Monday-Friday).
- Have a strong, consistent internet connection and a work environment conducive to video calls.
- Have rock solid proficiency with QuickBooks and the full Google Suite of products.
- Have a demonstrated ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies and software, as well as learn independently as needs come up.
- Have crystal clear professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with clients, partners, vendors, and internal team members alike.
- Have exacting organizational standards and a calm and friendly, yet relentless follow-up focus in order to ensure things get done on time.
Preferred, but not required qualifications include:
- Direct previous experience managing outsourced accounting and/or tax engagements in a remote environment.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the craft brewing industry and brewing process.
- Sales or customer service experience directly interacting with clients or customers.
- Experience with the following platforms and their integrations: Bill.com, Ekos, Square, Toast, Paychex, ADP, Eventbrite, Stripe, Paypal.
- Experience using Podio or similar remote project management tools (e.g. Trello, Asana, Wrike, Smartsheet, etc.).
Beyond the basics, the individual best fit for this role will enjoy the consistency of working with a regular set of clients week-in and week-out. “Consistency is key” is your motto.
You’ll also need to be consistently motivated, engaged, curious, and able to exemplify the core values of the firm, while executing the objectives of the position with speed, precision, and expertise.
*Please Note: We’re always looking for great people; however, we have recently filled our immediate needs for this position. If interested, your application would be for future consideration (Q4 2020 or into 2021).
If the position, culture, values, and mission at Small Batch Standard sound like they’re the right fit for you, please apply using this form.